At The Little Cats' Rescue, all of our cats are tested for FIV/FeLV/HW, spayed/neutered, current on appropriate vaccines, given preventative parasite medication, and microchipped. We are in the process of updating our list of available cats. Please be patient - if you don't see the cat you are looking for, please email email@example.com and we will assist you.
1. Our adoption application form must be completed. We do check veterinary references. This is intended to protect the health of adoption candidates and the pets that you may already have.
2. We require documentation that your landlord allows this pet in your home if you rent or lease.
3. Since this will be a family pet, adoption should be a family decision. Everyone who lives in the home will be asked to spend time with the cat. Any unease with this cat now will result in rejection sooner or later. We want to match your expectations and desires with the purrsonality of the cat. Just because you like the way a cat "looks" doesn't mean it has the purrsonality you desire! We will work with your family to ensure that the adoption is for life!
4. All of our cats are fully vetted. We require documentation that your current pets are spayed/neutered, current on their vaccines, and cats have passed an FIV/FeLV blood test, as have ours.
5. We will conduct a home visit, which is intended to evaluate safety conditions for our cats. We won't abandon you, should you have any difficulties acclimating your new kitty to your home.
Please ask all the questions you want to ensure that you and your family will be comfortable with this cat and its requirements.
We cannot place a monetary value on our cats - they are priceless. Our adoption fees partially cover costs involved in readying our rescues for their forever homes. We have no paid staff; all funds are used for the rescue and care of cats. We accept cash or a local check. We are not able to accept debit or credit cards.
The Little Cats’ Rescue is a 501(C)3 private non-profit organization whose existence relies solely on donations.