The Kittens Need Your Help

R.I.P. Bernie Buff (BB)

Seven kittens spent the night at Hidden Oaks Veterinary Hospital under the care of Dr. Shannon Ivey. Sadly, only six returned. We lost little Bernie Buff. We are awaiting test results on BB, to hopefully determine what horrible illness took his life. Dr. Ivey suspects giardia, and medication has been administered to all kittens to that end. Milagro, Gabbie, Enrico, Luciano, Leon and Hoover have returned home and seem to be doing very well.


All of these kittens arrived at The Little Cats' Rescue Sanctuary in very bad shape, and I worked around the clock to keep them alive with bottle feeding, supplemental nutrition and dewormers. We almost lost Leon one day, but thankfully, I was able to revive him and set him straight. Today, he (and the other five) seem to be thriving - with super appetites and loads of energy.
 

On Monday, Raven and her three kittens will be examined by Dr, Ivey as they have now developed some diarrhea. Two medications have already been given to them in the meantime. Right or wrong, I had made the decision to allow BB to nurse from Raven, and she and her babies accepted him. I did this because no matter what or how I attempted to feed him, he would clamp his mouth shut and pull away from the food. He appeared healthy otherwise, with no diarrhea. Nonetheless, he was treated (as all are upon arrival) with appropriate medications. 
 

I've included the invoice from the vet charges in the hope that we can receive enough donations to cover these charges ($729) and those going forward. Your ongoing support of our work is what keeps me going and together we are able to save so many precious felines.
 
 TO DONATE:
 
Thank you from the bottom of my heart. 
💟